Tuesday, May 10, 2005

10 The Treatment

"So what does this pain mean to you?" asked my doctor today.
As I spoke about the injustices that made me angry I felt the pain reduce. My intention with this PhD is to get a load off my back.
For years I have felt that things are wrong. Well they are and I want to change things but in a different way to what has sparked me up.
My anger is now eating me up. As an actor it was often a driving force and anger as a survival mechanism has had it's place and value but it is also a counter productive force.








I wrote to ask the advice of an old friend who is a GP about my back pian who emailed me back

" Suggest far less time on computer. Max 5 hours a week at really good desk, really good seat –even better lying horizontal ideally week (SEVEN DAYS) with no harmful electromagnetic radiation --- turn off 100% --- //maybe gentle exercise like dancing or swimming or surfing or chantic sex.. ---- good massage----walk everywhere don’t drive."


This is the kind of thing I had been thinking although I am not quite sure what is meant by chantic sex. I suppose it's a form of singing.

My decision is to fix my back. That means cutting out on sitting at my computer for huge stretches without a break and in fact changing my whole attitude to myself, my family and my work. How can I exercise everyday and push past pain into another way of living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home