Monday, April 04, 2005

4



Today has been as long as the past few days finishing after 10pm and starting about 9am. I got feedback from Judith MacDougall today on an assembly/rough edit and it was timely. What do i need? Three shots that are essential to tell each scene. One shot that is the story per scene.
Stop with the coverage and get into communicating the lives of people, the objects they use and the way they relate to each other and the environment they are in.
In the case of the Federal court sequence it is the contrast between the use of GPS devices and electronic hearing pieces by the Court apparatus and Alan Griffiths who is the traditional owner whose knowledge of the country is by foot and which he communicates through painting, song and corroboree.
I need to think through what is crucial not just try and relay what happened while I was there.
Yes, I need to start again and find the images that hold and contrast and parallel them with the sound that must be there to tell the story.
My back is seizing up so I'm about to take time off to get that right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home